OtterWaiver has hit a new milestone: 3.5 years in making compliance and eSignatures hassle-free. To celebrate this achievement and thank its users, the company has rolled out Version 1.68. This update has over 30 new features to enhance usability, style, and ease of use. Let’s dive into the details.
The Document Builder, one of the core components of OtterWaiver, has received a substantial upgrade in the 1.68 update. The first thing you’ll notice is its sleeker, more modern design that aims to improve user experience. But the changes are more than skin-deep.
One of the most significant additions is the support for multiple languages. Now, you can create documents in English, French, and Spanish. This is a game-changer for businesses that operate in multilingual environments or have a diverse customer base.
The new expiration settings offer a range of options, from a minimum of 24 hours to a maximum of 10 years. This feature gives you the flexibility to set the lifespan of your documents based on the nature of your business and the specific requirements of each document.
The update also introduces fields such as “Industry/Sport Icons” and “Membership Type/Contract Price.” These fields allow you to add more context to your documents, making them more informative for the end-user.
Custom Code Snippets
For those who need advanced customization, the Document Builder now allows easy insertion of custom code snippets. This feature can be useful for embedding videos, interactive elements, or specialized legal clauses.
New Preset Fields
OtterWaiver’s 1.68 update introduces a range of new preset fields, designed to make data collection more precise and tailored to specific business needs. These fields include:
- Local Address: Useful for businesses that cater to tourists or transient clients, this field can help you understand where your clients are staying or their point of origin.
- Headgear and Wetsuit Rental Refusal: For adventure or water sports businesses, these fields are crucial. They allow you to quickly identify clients who have chosen not to rent essential equipment, which can be vital for safety protocols and liability considerations.
- Trip/Accident Insurance: This field is particularly beneficial for travel or adventure companies, enabling them to determine which clients have opted for additional coverage.
- Trip Date: For businesses that offer scheduled activities or trips, this field helps in organizing and managing bookings.
- Eligibility Requirements and Shooting Experience: Especially relevant for firearm-related businesses, these fields ensure clients meet the necessary criteria and provide insights into their experience levels.
- How You Heard About Us: A valuable field for marketing insights, allowing businesses to track their most effective promotional channels.
Customization and Branding
In the 1.68 update, OtterWaiver has placed a strong emphasis on allowing businesses to customize the user experience to align with their brand identity. Two significant features stand out:
- Brand Colors Integration: Businesses can now match the user signing experience with their brand colors. This ensures that when clients interact with the platform, they feel a sense of continuity and familiarity, reinforcing brand recognition.
- Unique Company Link (1-LINK): This feature provides businesses with a consolidated link that displays all their waivers. It’s a simple yet effective tool to streamline the user journey, making it easier for clients to find and complete waivers without sifting through multiple links or pages.
Waiver Signing Experience
The 1.68 update brings a series of enhancements to the waiver signing experience, ensuring that it’s not only user-friendly but also comprehensive in terms of data collection:
- Multi-Lingual Support: OtterWaiver now offers a multi-lingual signing experience. This means that businesses can cater to a diverse clientele, ensuring that everyone can understand and comfortably interact with the waiver.
- Additional Data Collection: Beyond just signatures, the platform allows for collecting gender information, profile pictures, and more. This provides a richer dataset for businesses, which can be useful for identification and personalization.
- Initials Capture: In addition to full signatures, OtterWaiver now captures initials. This is particularly useful for documents that require acknowledgment of specific clauses or sections, adding an extra layer of legal protection.
New Integrations and App Updates
OtterWaiver’s 1.68 update isn’t just about refining the core platform; it’s also about expanding its ecosystem to provide a more integrated and mobile-friendly experience:
MindBody Online Integration
OtterWaiver now seamlessly integrates with MindBody Online, a leading software solution in the wellness and fitness industry. This integration allows businesses to streamline operations by connecting waiver processes with other essential functions like booking and client management.
Mobile App Evolution
The mobile experience has been enhanced with the Google Play app renamed “Otter Sign.” Additionally, the App Store version has received noteworthy updates, ensuring users on both major mobile platforms have a smooth and updated experience.
What’s on the Horizon?
OtterWaiver isn’t stopping here. We’re currently working on revamping the check-in dashboard. Plus, we’re open to feature requests, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on what you’d like to see next.